Thursday, March 16, 2017

Another new quilt


This one is a new pattern from Fat Quarter Shop called Spellbound. It's made with two jelly rolls (I used two with nothing but bright solids,) two yards of fabric (I used white and gray.) It measures 64.5" x 80.5" and came together in a snap.


Can you see the secondary pattern that pops out? Focus on the white. See the giant stars?




A storm was moving in when I took these photos and this shot makes me think of the movie, Wizard of Oz. The barn. The leafless tree. The dizzying array of colors. Spellbound is aptly named as I could stare at it for hours.

-dana

8 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful colors in your quilt and it is neat to see the star in the middle! I used bright Kaffe Fassett prints in mine.

Jacque. said...

I have never made a quilt with all solids and I should add it to my list (yikes, did I just say that?). Love this one, Dana!

Megan said...

Wow! I love the secondary patterns.

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

Gorgeous quilt! I love your fabric choice...

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! Such a great use of solids!

Susan said...

I love the effect of the grey and white 'background' - you see stars ( which I did see eventually) and I saw the grey triangle in the centre! Great job of an interesting pattern!

KaHolly said...

Quite pretty! Bright and colorful!

grammajudyb said...

Really striking! Thanks for the hint on the stars. Sometimes I need to step back to take a second look. Great job! I am thinking about this pattern......