Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Fall Festival and the pesky SAT








I waited in my car nervously. According to the numerous outcomes laid out in her spreadsheet, she should be busting out of those door any minute. 12:35. 12:45. I started biting my fingernails in anticipation. Show time was scheduled for 1:20 but apparently the SAT test administrators didn't get the memo. I flew down the road. She rolled around the back seat pulling on white jeans and lacing up her clogging shoes as I screamed around the curvy roads to the closest entrance to the Festival Barn stage. We arrived in the nick of time.

The Fall Festival marks the season just as clearly as the sun, moon and stars around here.

I'm so glad she got to dance in it the final time before she's off to college next fall.

-dana

5 comments:

Susie Q said...

you make me remember and wonder what the clogger at the quilt shop is doing.... it was 15 years ago...... I will have to see if I can find her mother......

Fall is great for many reasons....

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

WOW I know 4 girls in that picture! SOME day I hope to make the festival!

College next year, don't they grow fast?

the girlfriend gap said...

I wonder if it is too late to learn how to be a clog dancer : ) Ha something to do in my old age. I love watching it so much. It is my favorite kind of dancing. I can almost hear their tapping shoes : ) Happy Fall to you all . Janita

Unknown said...

Awww, where is the <3 button for this post?

Jacque. said...

Can be so nerve-wracking, hey? College next fall? Tell me it isn't so.