Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Cadence


I still haven't showered today.  But I have taken my girls to school, worked out, made two batches of soap, walked the dogs, talked with the neighbor and found out he was a blue dinosaur for Halloween, and started a big pot of beef stew for dinner.

Even if I didn't do another single thing today, I've still accomplished much. However, I'd like to sew today.  I keep putting that on my daily to-do list and it hasn't been checked off in weeks.


And blogging. I write to remember. To document. For my children to have when they are older. But the writing down and looking at my thoughts and reasoning them out into sentences regularly is really for me.   Looking at the golden light through grassy seed pods. Spotting my goofy dogs wiggling through the tall grass. Being grateful for the ray of sun peaking through the often bruised sky of fall.


It's all good.

-dana

8 comments:

The Cozy Pumpkin said...

Such beautiful photos and relatable thoughts, Dana.

Trudi said...

I love the late golden sun if autumn, and you captured it beautifully my friend! Now make sewing a priority, even if it's for just 5 minutes xx

Kim said...

It is all good isn't it? We are truly blessed.

Happy Sewing

Beth said...

Beautiful pictures. You have been very busy. Hope you find a few minutes to sew.

Afton Warrick said...

Ah, showering is overrated. Though it's harder to take that stance if you spend a portion of your day making soap. Good for you, enjoying the moments and recording them for posterity.

Kelly O. said...

you are so...normal... I love your rambling thoughts and honesty.
p.s. I didn't shower today either :) some days it's just not a priority.

QuiltNut Creations said...

gorgeous pictures as always Dana. hope you get a chance to sew tomorrow.

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

Once again your honest words and gorgeous photos make me smile. I hope you find some sewing time soon.